The Global Leader in Workplace Labeling & Signage
This page has three sections: printer drivers; interface, firmware and driver update; and banner pages sizes updates. For more information please feel free to call:
Download the Windows 95/98 driver: pp_3000_driver.exe (540k)
Download the Windows NT driver: pp_3000_driver_nt.exe (540k)
Download the Windows 2000 driver: pp_3000_driver_2000.exe (540k)
Download the Windows XP driver: pp-xlplus3000-xp.exe
Note: This driver requires GalaRio 2.0. Please contact your dealer to purchase GalaRio 2.0.
We recommend that you read this documentation describing how to install Varitronics Poster Printer drivers.
This update is ONLY for interface kits sold before 10/23/2001 to add support for Windows NT/2000. Before downloading please read the installation instructions.
Download: ppxl3000_interface_update.exe (1,124k)
This update adds banner page sizes to the ProImage XL3000 / Plus 3000 print drivers. You must install this update in order to print banners using the GalaRio software. Before downloading, please view the installation instructions page. Please call a Graphic Products Representative at 1-888-326-9244 for more information on downloading updates for Windows NT4 and 2000.
Install Adobe Acrobat Reader if you do not already have it.
We are happy to provide assistance with installing this printer driver. Please feel free to call us, email us or request a free replacement user's manual.
Download or view the ProImage XL3000 Poster Printer user's manual (1.23mb PDF)
If you need help with your Varitronics poster printer, and you are within our Varitronics service area, we'll be glad to be of assistance:
We are happy to provide technical assistance. Please call us, at or email us. You'll typically get a response to your email within one business day.
There are several possible causes:
1. Make sure your original has not been placed at an angle in the document bay.
2. Make sure the printer and scanner covers are firmly closed.
3.Check that the paper roll has been loaded correctly.
4. If either the document feed rollers or paper feed rollers are dirty, they should be cleaned.
5. This problem can also be caused by rapid fluctuations in temperature and/or humidity. This will cause condensation to form within the printer. If this happens, wait about an hour before trying again. This will allow the printer to adjust to the current room temperature.
One or more of the following conditions may exist:
1. The printer or scanner covers may be open. Close gently.
2. The printer paper is not loaded or not loaded correctly. Load the paper, making sure the paper is fed through the printer correctly.
3. Check to be sure the the printer is clean. Dust or a scrap of paper my be covering the paper sensor.
4. It may be a false indication. Turn the printer off and then on again. This will reset the printer.
5. If the problem persists, Graphic Products' customers may call for FREE technical support.
There are several possible causes:
1. The platen glass may be dirty or may have a small piece of paper stuck on it. The printer should be cleaned.
Learn how to clean the printer by watching an online video.
2. The thermal heads may be dirty. The solution is the same as for #1above - cleaning the printer.
Note: Varitronics recommends that you clean the thermal heads if you switch from Standard Paper to either Transfer Plus or Poly Paper.
3.The original document may not be feeding through the scanner correctly. Put the original in a carrier sheet.
In your everyday use of the Varitronics ProImage Plus/XL, keep these basic guidelines in mind when handling and moving your printer:
1. Keep the printer in a cool, dry, clean environment away from direct sunlight.
2. As the ProImage Plus/XL is sensitive to vibration, place your printer on a stable and level surface where it is not exposed to jarring, shaking or vibrations.
Note: Any vibration or instability of the surface on which the printer is located may reduce the printing quality.
3. When moving the printer, hold it level and avoid bumping it.
4. Ship the printer only in its original packaging with all its protective foam and wrappings. Take special care that the cutter is protected during shipping. If you do not have your original packaging, and you are a Graphic Products customer, you can contact us for advice on how best to package and ship your poster printer.
5. Remove all paper clips and staples from originals before scanning them.
Follow these steps to keep your Varitronics Poster Printer's scanner assembly clean and dust free:
WARNING: Before cleaning your poster printer, always unplug it from the electrical outlet before opening the cover.
1) To keep the platen glass, platen roller, eject roller and document feed roller free of dust and paper particles, wipe each of these parts with a soft, water-dampened cloth, then wipe them again with a soft, dry cloth.
2) If the platen glass is still not clean, use a small amount of commercial glass cleaner on the dampened cloth, then wipe once more with the dry cloth. DO NOT SPRAY GLASS CLEANER or any other liquid into the scanner assembly or any other part of the ProImage XL/Plus Poster Printer.
Change the paper cutter blade in a Poster Printer Plus whenever the cutter starts griping the printer paper instead of cutting.
WARNING: Before changing the paper cutter blade, always unplug your Poster Printer from the electrical outlet.
1. Turn the Poster Printer off.
2. Open the printer side.
3. Push down on the little lever on the left side of the cutter. The blade holder swings down. Lift the old blade out with pliers. DO NOT USE YOUR FINGERS!
4. Using the pliers, break off 2 blade sections (together) from the replacement blade.
5. Using the pliers, insert the new blade into the cutter, and lock it in by pushing the lever up.
No matter which type of paper you are using, follow these storage precautions to protect unused rolls:
1. Store unused poster printer paper rolls in their original boxes in a cool, dry area. Never store paper in places subject to high temperatures as smearing or discoloration may result.
2. Once you have opened a package of poster printer paper, avoid exposing it to excessively high or low humidity, which could expand or shrink the paper roll and possibly make it difficult to fit into the printer.
3. Never set objects on a roll of poster printer paper, as direct pressure can leave unwanted marks.
Improving poster quality means of improving the quality of the document you are enlarging. The better the quality of your original, the better the quality of your poster will be.
A document must have good contrast between its dark and light areas. The following are some guidelines for preparing different types of documents for poster printing:
Penciled Or Penned Documents:
Hand written notes should be run through a copy machine to improve the contrast. When using a copy machine, try to darken the copy as much as possible without darkening the background.
Black and white or color photographs have poor contrast between their light and dark areas. As a result, they do not enlarge well. To get the best quality possible, first run them through a copy machine to improve the contrast.
Because overheads are transparent, use a carrier sheet to provide a white background when enlarging them. Without a carrier sheet, the document is not detected and the poster will not print.
Like photographs, color ads have poor contrast between light and dark and do not enlarge well. To get the best quality possible, first run them through a copy machine to improve the contrast.
Should your poster printer need repairs, our expert service and repair team can handle it.
Start by giving us a call at 1-888-326-9244 and talking with one of our customer service representatives. They can help you determine the best course of action and they'll be your contact should you have any questions.
Once a service technician has looked over your machine, we'll call you before making repairs. We'll let you know what work needs to be done and what it will cost.
We want your business for years to come, so you won't find us doing unnecessarily work or wasting time. We work quickly and efficiently to identify the problem. If your labeler just needs to be cleaned, we'll clean it and return it to you at a minimum cost. Our service technicians know what they are doing and can quickly and correctly diagnose problems and repair them.
Packing & Shipping Information - follow these instructions when returning equipment for service or repair.
If you have a label printer that's not working the way it used to, give us a call at: 1-888-326-9244.
We are happy to help with any problems you are having with your poster printer. Call us today and we will do our best to help you get your machine up and running again.
*Free support is available to all customers who purchased their equipment or supplies from Graphic Products, Inc. for as long as you remain a Graphic Products’ customer.