OSHA Issues Confined Spaces in Construction Standard Guide
BY GRAPHIC PRODUCTS STAFF
Published January 03, 2018
OSHA has published a new training resource to help small businesses comply with the 2015 Confined Spaces in Construction Standard. The manual, “Protecting Construction Workers in Confined Spaces: Small Entity Compliance Guide” addresses the most common compliance issues that employers face.
The publication outlines:
- Confined spaces and permit spaces
- Work covered by the standard
- Employer responsibilities and workers' rights
- Identification and reclassification of permit spaces
- Worker training
- Rescue and emergency services
The guide also includes examples of a permit-required confined space program and entry permit. You can download the complimentary publication or call 1-800-321-OSHA (6742) to order it and other safety publications.