OSHA's Top 10 Violations give us pause. Year after year, we see the same categories, albeit in a slightly different order. Here are the 10 most frequently cited OSHA violations in 2015:
The Top 10 OSHA violations for year 2015:
- Fall Protection (1926.501) – 6,721
- Hazard Communication (1910.1200) – 5,192
- Scaffolding (1926.451) – 4,295
- Respiratory Protection (1910.134) – 3,305
- Lockout/Tagout (1910.147) – 3,002
- Powered Industrial Trucks (1910.178) – 2,760
- Ladders (1926.1053) – 2,489
- Electrical – Wiring Methods (1910.305) – 2,404
- Machine Guarding (1910.212) – 2,295
- Electrical – General Requirements (1910.303) – 1,973
Designating a person-in-charge (PIC) can greatly reduce the likelihood of incidents. Think about it: How many times have you started work in an area when the foreman is nowhere in sight? Do you know who's in charge or responsible for safety?
The correct answer is you, but let's take it a step further: If the foreman chooses a PIC when leaving the area, the responsibility now falls on that person to play an active role in safety operations. We find that when the PIC is chosen and takes the responsibility seriously, incidents are greatly reduced, if not nonexistent.
No matter the size of the operation or the number of employees, the number of injuries and incidents decreases sharply when groups of five appoint a PIC. Choose a PIC or become a PIC today to make a difference on your jobsite.
Compliance Assessment Services
Jeff Woods is a Safety Compliance Analyst at Graphic Products. Receive on-site training, consultation, and individual evaluation from Woods and other safety experts with Compliance Services, a new program by Graphic Products.