With September being National Preparedness Month, what better time than now for supervisors and managers to re-evaluate their organization’s safety plan. "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail," so goes the old adage. It's always important to keep safety a priority, but sometimes it tends to fall to the wayside in general or even in just an area or two. September marks a month of taking steps further by keeping preparedness in mind.
How to Prepare
Is your facility’s visual communication current? Do you know how to navigate your facility in the dark or a smoke filled room? Graphic Products provides quick tips on how to prepare for workplace emergencies with our webinar. In this webinar, you will learn:
- What can go wrong to better prepare for the unexpected
- OSHA’s requirements for an Emergency Action Plan
- Actions to take when responding to a workplace emergency
- Steps you can take to prepare your facility
There usually is not enough time to properly prepare when a disaster strikes a place of business. It can be devastating and costly from damaged property and lost productivity to employee injuries and fatalities. Workplace emergencies can range from floods and hurricanes to chemical spills and explosions.
- Do employees know where all fire extinguishers are located?
- Does your facility have procedures in place for employees who remain to shut down plant operations?
- Do employees know where to go if an emergency deems it to be too unsafe to leave the building?
The last thing anyone wants during an emergency is a second one. There is always the potential for a disaster in any part of the country or any type of facility from fires, chemical spills, or other disasters. Help keep others safe by being proactive and implementing a responsible safety culture. So prepare early and make sure your signs are current, durable, and reliable.
Implement a Plan
Having an emergency action plan in place and having your facility properly labeled are effective ways to prepare. Graphic Products offers premade safety signs and can help customize signs to your facility exact needs. Need to create labels on the go? The portable and tough DuraLabel Toro is a quick and easy solution for creating and printing labels to mark fire extinguisher locations, electrical procedure information, and more.